On this page you will find:
- Information about remote education at TMCS
- A summary and breakdown of expectations of remote teaching for teachers, students and parents/carers.
- An appendix to our Teaching and Learning Policy that applies throughout the school’s response to Covid-19.
- Frequently Asked Questions about remote teaching at TMCS during the global pandemic.
Support for students working with Microsoft Teams can be found here: www.magnacarta.surrey.sch.uk/home-learning/ in addition to a wide range of tutorials on YouTube for specific queries you may have.
How can I support my child through remote learning?
Every household will need to support their child through remote learning differently, but we would offer the following to try and help:
- Find a routine for studying at home: activities will be set before each timetabled lesson to allow students to follow their normal school day, but this could of course be started at any time of the day.
- Achievement has the biggest impact on engagement: try to praise hard work and look for positives in your child’s studies. Teachers will focus on Achievement Points for exactly this reason, as engagement is incredibly hard to measure but it can be increased through achievements however big or small.
- Model coping strategies for your child: share with them what helps you to work from home or stay positive through challenging times. Encourage your child to explain the approaches they are taking to studying at home and offer tweaks if needed.